MINNEAPOLIS–Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) released details on her campaign’s third quarter fundraising Wednesday, with a total of more than $1.1 million raised and an average contribution of just $14.55.
“For too long, Washington has catered to lobbyists and special interests, rather than the American people,” Rep. Omar said. “Our movement is powered by small-dollar, grassroots donors. By putting people at the center of our democracy, we can get big money out of politics, and create the transformative change we need to tackle soaring healthcare costs, a warming planet, and build an economy that works for everyone.”
You can find additional details below:
- Rep. Omar raised a little over $1.1 million in Quarter 3 of 2019.
- Rep. Omar had 75,653 total donations from 55,577 donors with an average gift of $14.55.
- The overwhelming majority —93%—of donations were online.
- The overwhelming majority—97.8%—of donations were under $50.
- An even larger majority—99.8%—of donations were under $200.